Hood Service Techinicians/Fire protection - training on the job (Northeast Minneapolis)
Compensation: 14.00 to start! with raises coming depending on how fast you learn
Hood Service Techinicians/Fire protection (Northeast Minneapolis)
compensation: 14/hour to start 15-18 after training
employment type: full-time
I am looking to train a person in the art of "hood cleaning" and fire protection. We are a small company with a lot of opportunity. 14.00 to start! with raises coming depending on how fast you learn. We are looking for someone to train into a crew leader position to make $19 an hour plus bonuses.
Hood technicians clean the grease off of the cooking exhaust systems of commercial kitchens. They work mostly at night after facilities are closed. They work outside, on the roof of buildings, as well as inside the kitchen. They oftentimes work alone with a helper and must be able to interact professionally with restaurant management and staff and be honest and trustworthy.
This hood cleaner position is responsible for the following:
1. Cleaning and maintenance of kitchen grease exhaust systems.
2. Taking photos of their work
3. Calling and confirming cleaning appointments with restaurant staff.
4. On some jobs, a hood technician may supervise and direct one or two helpers as well.
5. You must have a cell phone.
This is a mostly nights position, 5 days a week, Sunday - Thursday rarely will you ever get 40 hours in a week.
During the first amount of time in training, a trainee hood cleaner will make $14/hr. Thereafter, when he can clean hoods independently, the hood cleaner will be 16-18 an hour depending if he is a helper or crew leader.
We can and will train the right person looking to make a long term commitment to grow with our company, so prior hood cleaning experience is not needed.
Applicants must fulfill the following minimum criteria:
1. Possess demonstrated leadership ability
2. Be physically able to climb ladders, lift heavy hoses, work with chemicals, and work outside at night, even during the winter months
3. Possess a valid driver's license and an insured, reliable vehicle.
4. Possess a cell phone
5. Possess basic computer skills, i.e. be able to navigate the internet, use email, etc.
To apply for this position, please submit a current resume. Responses that don't include resumes or resumes without dates of employment and education will be discarded. YOU MUST HAVE A LICENSE AND TRANSPORTATION.
We are based in the Fridley Area so the candidate would be better suited to live near this area.
Thank you for your interest and good luck.
email, text or call: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-568-3828
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul, NE Minneapolis